General Statement of Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs installation and service of residential and commercial CATV/Broadband services.
- Installs and maintains interior and exterior cable wiring and hardware for the reception of services.
- Insures all wiring is installed in compliance with all National, Local and Company policies, codes and procedures.
- Performs connects, disconnects, service calls, upgrades and relocates.
- Installs additional outlets and install or remove equipment as needed.
- Assures proper signal levels and picture quality.
- Operates company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Maintains accurate records including time worked, gas consumption and properly record all required information on data devices and/or work orders.
- Responsible for making decisions in order to restore services to normal operational functions.
- Analyzes hazardous conditions to prevent damaging electrical, gas and water lines.
- Provides explanations or educates customers on all functions of equipment.
- Operates, diagnoses and analyzes data from signal level meters and various online tools.
- Works in attics or crawlspaces.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recruitment and Selection Guidelines
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to explain the functions and features of all Company products and services.
- Considerable knowledge of personal computer and mobile device setup, configuration and support.
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching or twisting.
- Strong communication and analytical skills in order to communicate effectively with customers.
- Knowledge of RF network design, including cable attenuation and wiring design parameters.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and network.
- Ability to move around obstacles by climbing over and around them.
- Ability to operate basic hand tools and other machinery.
- Understand and utilize all PPE and tools and test equipment assigned.
- Maintain and care for all assigned equipment in order to assure it remains in good working condition.
- Ability to carry and use a 28’ fiber glass ladder.
- Ability to make decision with little or no supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Willingness to work in a variety of weather and environmental conditions.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform the physical life functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must possess the visual acuity to assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes; performing mechanical or skilled trades tasks of non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.; operator of trucks, forklifts, cranes or other equipment; determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Must be able to work in close quarters, crawlspaces, shafts, manholes, small enclosed rooms, small sewage and waterline pipes and other areas which could cause claustrophobia; narrow aisles or passageways.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions; outdoor experience preferred.
Minimum Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED. Minimum one to two years experience in wiring or construction.
- Previous experience in troubleshooting or installation preferred and cable industry a plus; or a combination of education and experience.
- All candidates must be able to pass the background screening and drug testing process.
Please note: A resume and application with your skills and work history is required for an external candidate. Click here for an application.
Please send resume and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 704.663.0667.