General Statement of Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide assistance and support to residential or business customers via phone, email or online chat.
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving Internet connectivity, email, Video, VOIP phone and more.
• Resolve problems on the first call, with a minimum of transfers, by consistently improving personal technical knowledge and understanding.
• Utilize billing system and other analyzing tools to effectively identify, troubleshoot and resolve customer service issues.
• Resolve customer questions and concerns efficiently by actively listening, communicating clearly and concisely, and assuring customer understanding.
• Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms.
• Offer alternative solutions, where appropriate, with the objective of retaining customers business.
• Accurately document and update records in billing and ticketing system.
• Redirect problems to appropriate resources.
• Follow all company processes and procedures, and comply with all performance and attendance standards.
• Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
• Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers when necessary.
• Requires patience, good listening skills and excellent communication skills.
• Must display genuine concern and ownership of customer situation.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Recruitment and Selection Guidelines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to explain the functions and features of all Company products and services.
Considerable knowledge of personal computer and device setup, configuration and support.
Knowledge of Video products and device setup, configuration and support.
Advanced communication and analytical skills in order to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues.
Ability to work in an office environment where primary functions are communicating on the telephone.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software programs required for the position.
Ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment that requires multitasking with an ability to provide concise feedback.
Working knowledge of general office procedures, practices and equipment.
Working knowledge of Network protocols, RF, routers, VPN, CWDM, HFC plant and system delivery, routing protocols/policies, Wi-Fi & VoIP platforms.
Must be able to work all shifts, days, nights, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays.
Overtime may be required.
Must be able to perform the physical life functions of reaching, walking, fingering, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
Must be able to perform sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or otherwise move objects.
Must possess the visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, accounting, computer terminal and extensive reading.
Subject to inside environmental conditions: protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Minimum Education and Experience
Associate Degree preferred in related field. Minimum one- year previous help desk support. Two to three years of cable tv experience and/or networking experience. Previous experience in troubleshooting or networking dispatching and field experience preferred; or a combination of education and experience.
Please note: A resume and application with your skills and work history is required for an external candidate. Click here for an application.
Please send resume and applications to email@example.com or fax to 704.663.0667.